Le Forum de l'Alliance Francophone

Nouvelles:

Auteur Sujet: ESEA@home  (Lu 5244 fois)

Hors ligne Damien

• Boinc'eur devant l'éternel
    • EDLS
le: 21 August 2007 à 09:29
Projet mort-né

L'équipe BOINC ESEA (Earth Space Exploration Agency)
dont le site est ici: http://www.esea.dk/esea/
et les stats ici: http://fr.boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_graph.php?pr=bo&id=10385
lancera prochainement le projet ESEA@home (http://www.esea.dk/athome/index.php) destiné à améliorer BOINC de 4 façons différentes:

The ESEA (Earth Space Exploration Agency) team is proud to announce the forthcoming ESEA@home. ESEA@home will be a BOINC based project with several main goals. First goal is to attempt to create a viable distributed statistics calculation for BOINC. As statistics are one of the major things that drive volunteer computing, and statistics are becoming an intense computing job with the growing number of projects and data to process, it is becomming increasingly important to get access to large computing power.

Second goal is to provide a service for excisting and potential BOINC project participants, helping them to choose which existing projects best suits their hardware, determining if their hardware meets the needs of the projects of their choice, and measuring performance of hardware combinations.

Third goal is to develope a common framework for establishing and running short term distributed computing projects fast and easy, and host such projects. Some projects have a life time shorter than the efford of even establishing those projects which make them never get off the ground. By eliminating a part of the establishment effords, and having an established user base, these projects should have a good foundation to build on, and get work done faster. They don't need to learn BOINC, the applications whould be BOINC compatible from the get go, and they won't have to spend time building a user base to perform the computations - time that might even be longer than the time span of the project itself.

Fourth goal is to provide project hosting for long term projects with the benefits mentioned for the second goal, but with the more specialized customizing needed for long term projects.

Ce projet n'est pas encore lancé. On ne peut pas encore créer de compte personnel mais ceux qui seraient intéressés peuvent déjà faire acte de candidature en se préinscrivant ici: http://www.esea.dk/athome/pre-register.php

« Modifié: 16 May 2012 à 03:11 par ousermaatre »

Hors ligne tristesire

•   
Réponse #1 le: 21 August 2007 à 09:33
done
Merci pour l'information

Hors ligne xipehuz

• Animateur fanatique
  •   
    • Les Xipéhuz
Réponse #2 le: 23 November 2007 à 17:35
Malheureusement encore un projet qui pend du retard.

Dernière news postée : Update on progress
29 Oct 2007, 22:12 (UTC)
Progress news
Currently progress is a bit slow. I just got a new job, and I am still settling in. This only means it will take a while longer before I get working setting up the server side of BOINC - but it also means I get ideas for solutions for the stats project. I hope to have more info at this site within this week. I am also trying out Smarty - maybe I will use that on BOINC.

En gros, il a un nouveau boulot et pas beaucoup de temps à consacrer à monter son serveur Boinc. Faudra être patient.

Je prends les compliments comme des reproches d'hypocrites (Palinka)

Hors ligne Thrr-Gilag

• Membre d'honneur
  •   
Réponse #3 le: 26 November 2007 à 14:19
De plus ce n'est pas vraiment un projet BOINC, mais un projet d'optimisation du choix des ressources (d'après leur description) ^^

Hors ligne Nebula

• Boinc'eur Junior
Réponse #4 le: 17 January 2008 à 12:05
c'est vrai que quand on prend la peine de lire la description anglaise , contrairement à ce que le nom m'avait laissé penser, le projet n'a rien à voir avec l'exploration de la terre et de l'espace .... juste faire des statistiques :(